High Protein Nutritious Pancakes (vegan & GF)
Hi friends ! 🌴
Can you too feel summer coming ?! 😁 which also means we slightly change our eating habits, not to go on a diet at all !! just to listen to what body craves and needs.. and for me.. this need comes in the form of an extra fluffy pancakes stack ! 🤗🥞 ciao oatmeal.. see you when it's cold again 👋🏼❄️
But well, I gotta tell you.. if you don't like buckwheat.. then.. well I'm sorry for you ! ahahha !
These are made out of buckwheat flour (partially) and it makes them super nutritious! Buckwheat isn't technically a cereal but anyways.. it is super rich in protein and is gluten-free (which means awesome ingredient if you're intollerant!) Buckwheat is rich in magnesium, maganese, vitamin B2, B3 and phosphorus !
Now Ladies and Gentleman... 3/4 of this recipe :
* Should keep you full the entire morning :D !
* Contains 25g of protein
* Contains 25g of fiber (excellent for digestion!)
* Is low in fat.. especially saturated... love that!
* Contains 50% or more of daily requirements of : calcium, vitamine B1, B3, B5, C, E, copper, iron & potassium !
* Contains 100% of daily requirements of magnesium & manganese !
* Is totally yummy and guilt-free!
This recipe is a first-try and I was very satisfied both with texture and taste ! I hope you will like it too !
HEALTHY HIGH PROTEIN PANCAKES (VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE)
For 7-8 big pancakes (a good 15cm diameter :p!)
One flax egg (1.5tbs flaxmeal + 3tbsp warm water, mixed and let set few minutes till gelly)
1/2 cup (60g) oat flour* (I simply mix oats in a blender)
1.25 cup (150g) buckwheat flour
2 mashed bananas (promise you won't taste them too much because buckwheat is overpowering!)
1 cup (240ml) almond milk
1 cup (240ml) water (more or less)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup (big handful) raspberries (I used frozen ones!)
1. prepare flax egg in a separate bowl
2. Mash bananas till purée-y
3. Mix flours, baking powder in a bowl and almond milk, bananas, maple syrup in a second one.
4. incorporate liquid mix to dry mix, then add raspberries, flaxegg, and water bits by bits (you may need more or less depending of the flour!)
5. heat up a pan and just cook pancakes as usual (when you see bubbles poking through and sides being cooked, then it's time for the flip!)
6. garnish with fresh fruits, maple syrup.. anything you like !
* To make this recipe 100% gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.
If you enjoyed this recipe or tried it, let me know so I know what you like to see in my next blog posts !
Lots of love and take care beauties ! <3