Celebration Vegan Chocolate Tart
It was about time I posted our celebration tart recipe for being 15K on instagram @amelietahiti !! Now we're already almost 18 000 people ! I still can't compute this! thank you!!!
So, I made a celebration dessert which I've shared with my Mom & Sister, and myself. Mostly myself 🤫.. I wished I'd been able to share a piece with all 15000 of you! But I obviously couldn't, and this is why I'm sharing the recipe with you today, so you can recreate and join the party!
This tart turned out soooo delish, I always came back for a second slice: it feels rich yet not weighting me down after a meal! Raspberry & chocolate combo needs no introduction anymore, it's just one of my favourite of all time! My mom and sister liked the consistency of it too - which is a sign we're onto something guys !! lol they aren't usually super pleased about the texture of vegan desserts ! 😂
I must warn you, this is not the pinacle of healthy dessert but is a healthier take on traditional chocolate tart, and mostly, it's vegan and can be made gluten-free too if you chose a GF flour for the crust!
The crust: that's another thing, if you haven't noticed already, I like to make everything from scratch (i'm go big or go home lol) and I chose to make my crust, but of course feel free to use one from the store directly if you can't be bothered!
All in all, this chocolate & raspberry tart is : vegan, creamy, chocolate-rich, decadent, healthish, made from wholesome ingredients, and basically gluten-free if you chose a GF flour ! Yaass! :D
I really had fun creating this and I hope you will enjoy it too!
Ps: Before attempting, read the whole recipe just to make sure you understand each step right!
HEALTHY VEGAN CHOCOLATE-RICH & RASPBERRY JAM TART
You will need (makes a 27cm diameter tart)
For the crust (might need to adjust liquid):
250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
120ml (1/2 cup) water
30ml (1/8cup) olive oil
For the Raspberry Jam filling:
2.25 cups raspberries (i've used frozen ones, cheaper and can be made out of season!)
3 tsp maple syrup
4,5 tablespoon chia seeds
5 tbsp water
beetroot powder (for color, optional)
For the Chocolate filling:
1.5 tablespoon melted coconut oil
200g melted vegan dark chocolate (mine was sweetened, if pure cacao butter, add sugar to the recipe!)
3 tbsp cacao powder
1/2 cup almond butter
300g plain coconut yoghurt
1.5 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup almond milk may be necessary
pinch of salt
1. For the crust, mix all the ingredients in a bowl - slowly incorporating water. Just focus on creating a dough ball, do not kneed it. Add some flour if the dough stick too much, or more water if it's too dry! Roll in a ball and let sit for 10 minutes in the fridge.
2. Roll out the dough to desired thickness and in a 28cm circle (approx!). I like my crust pretty thin! Roll it out on a floury surface to prevent from sticking too much! Your dough should be quite elastic and flip easily! Place it in your tart tin. Poke a few holes in with a fork and bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes. Tip : You can place white beans on the dough to prevent it from bubbling too much! Bring out of the oven and let it completely cool down. Meanwhile, do next steps!
3. In a blender, mix the frozen raspberries until liquified. If you use fresh rasberries, you can simply mash them with a fork. Then in a bowl, combine the berries with the chia seeds, water, maple syrup, and, if you like a more vibrant color, a touch of beetroot powder! Mix and let it thicken for about 20 minutes.
4. Melt your vegan chocolate in the microwave or double boiler. Add it with all the other ingredients to a blender and blend till super smooth! If you feel like your chocolate has hardened, this is when the half cup almond milk might be necessary (or water!). You can also whisk everything together traditionally! A blender is just super handy and makes coconut yoghurt fluffy!
5. Simply spread the raspberry filling on the cooled crust, and then the chocolate filling on top! Even it out. Refrigerate for at least 40 minutes so everything sets !
6. I have chosen to decorate the tart with fresh fruits, bliss balls, chocolate covered almonds, coconut whipped cream (recipe from my ebook!) and dried flowers- It all went super well together, I would highly suggest you add the fresh fruits to it for some lightness !!
Store it in the fridge for a few days and let it on the kitchen counter for about 5 minutes before you eat it (texture goals!) 🤩
Honestly, this was a very easy and quick dessert to make and I'm super stocked on how it turned out! I hope you will love it too!! PLEASE let me know how you found them and tag me on insta so I can see & share !! Also, let me know if you want me to create any specific recipes, I'll take a few of your ideas and try to make them my way !! :)
Lots of love,